Friday, December 7, 2007

Lift To The Stars

I stalked out through the automatic doors, giving my boss a baleful look one more time. How we were going to round up sales before the tax season beat me. She was making everybody's life miserable. I grinned when I remembered how stunned she was when I announced I needed a smoke break. She knew I was not a smoker but she could kiss my ass. I marched quickly towards the elevators casting wary glances behind me. I did not want any of my colleagues to tag along. They were sure to ruin the air with nicotine.

I was tired, hungry and sleepy. I stepped into the elevator and as luck would have it, I saw nobody in need of a smoke break rushing to ride the elevator with me. I punched the basement button. I needed a nap badly and the best place to have it would be inside Sandra, my loyal Honda Accord.The elevator moved down from the ninth floor sluggishly. I frowned, now what the heck was wrong with this thing. It gave a jerk,lurched and came to an abrupt stop. No, No, Heck NO!! I waited two minutes, nothing.I punched the emergency buttons, praying with all my heart that those bloody leering security guards were paying attention, not off somewhere playing dominoes.

Five minutes, then the elevator gave a jerk and plunged!!! I screamed grabbing the railing in terror. Ohmigod!!!I never planned on ending my life like this; plummenting from the ninth floor of a thirty year old building in a demented elevator. I was sure the bloody thing hadnt given nobody warning signs. Why me???!!!! I held on for dear life expecting the crash in a second but it suddenly lurched to a stop and I landed on my back with my legs up in the air.My Boss is a Witch!!!! It trembled like a wet chicken then moved before coming to a rest. I peeked at the buttons.''G'' for Garage!! I scrambled up, punched the exit buttons in a frenzy. The doors swooshed open and I flew out, smack into a wall. My world reeled and I landed on my ass.

''Damn.Please pay attention,'' came the growl from somewhere above me. My eyes travelled from alligator shodded feet to blazing dark eyes underneath some bushy brows.
Now what a minute, I was supposed to be mad here. I got to my feet, thanking the Lord I had on some leather pants. What would have happened if I was in some nice short skirt? Mr Alligator Shoes would have had an unrestricted view of the solo grass plantation because I never wear knickers until that time of the month when my biological clock tick to remind me of my spinsterhood state.

I watched him as he strode into the death trap. He gave me another ''my cat wouldnt bother with you'' look before the elevators doors closed. I waited patiently. It wasnt long before I heard the screams and who ran out half crazed with fear? Mr Alligator Shoes!! I gave him a huge witchy grin before catwalking to Sandra. Good Ol Gal was waiting for me. I snuggled deep into the reclined seat as that naughty thought registered in my mind. That was one piece of delicious male flesh. All lean and hard. Dark smoky eyes, shaggy eyebrows and a height to die for. All arrogance and self-confidence.

I went back to the building half an hour later. I was alert after that much needed nap and I gave that elevator a wide berth, going to the front of the building to use the service elevator.I gave the security guy a nasty look before walking to the elevator.My butt still hurt.I punched the button and waited. The doors opened and I stepped inside only to come short a step. There, leaning against the wall was Mr Alligator Shoes. I waited, expecting him to get his butt off but he made no move towards the doors. I punched 9 and the doors closed. I felt uncomfortable immediately. All my senses rose into sharp focus and I could feel my pulse racing off. His scent enveloped me and the hair at the back of my neck rose sharply.My heart nearly stopped when he came to stand directly behind me.

His breath fanned the back of my neck and hot fingers of desire and lust raced down my spine.His arms snaked around my waist and turned me to face him. When he looked down into my eys, I got lost in the dark hot pools of his eyes. Then our lips met, tentatively then hungrily. We kissed like crazy, both of us exploring each other deeply. His breath tasted sweetly of expensive tobacco and I went all giddy on it. We were alone in our world, our strange world of lust and desire.

We were brought down to earth abruptly by some noise. It came from my boss clearing her throat, looking into the elevator with disapproving eyes.We were already at the ninth floor. I tore myself away from the stranger's arms and escaped. Now what on earth happened back there? I dared not look back. I raced into the office all breathless. My colleagues gave me concerned looks but I ignored them and rushed into the rest room. I stared in shock at my reflection. My lips were tenderly swollen, my hair was tussled and the first button on my shirt was opened revealing a red lacy cup. DANM!!

I avoided my boss throughtout the day. I kept smiling to myself and my best friend finally gave me the finger at the end of the day.

21 comments:

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

True story or fantasy?? LOL!!!

Initium said...

Yup, elevators are a weird world onto themselves!
By the way, the trip to the Bahamas is definitely coming together nicely!

Anonymous said...

LOL......... i'm afraid to ask if its real :-) and you're right, it'll be much better to be oprah!!

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

hehehe. wata coffe break. hehehe. yayi yayi. sai na gaiya ma babam ki abun de ki na yi.

yayi said...

@ Omosewa...hmmmmm true story or fantasy? Well....
@ Acainto.......yeah elevators are weird and cool ( wink ). Bahamas here we come!!

yayi said...

@ Kreativemix....pls dont ask.LOL
@ Anonymous gal.....the break was fantastic.LOL

Allied said...

lol.. i love how you weaved the story.. Like others, fact or fiction?

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

update.were are u?

Anonymous said...

whoremones are raging!

at least mine are :-S

Naapali said...

The evolution of Yayi, 5yo desperado morphs into feline seductress. Stay out of trouble in the Bahamas!

yayi said...

@Belle....they are begging to be let loose. LOL

yayi said...

@ Naapali.....Why now? LOL. I know nothing about the evolution. Bahamas here we come!!

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

LOL...i hope he brushed that morning o:D

AuraSoul! said...

lol, anyways,...me i really want to know if this is fantasy or true story.
If na true, i demand that we rewind the days and switch life for that day.

AuraSoul! said...

lol @ omosewa.
if the man engulfed her senses, his breath must smell heavenly,...y is my own life boring, Chai!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

haha, yes thank goodness you didn't have on a skirt. lol!

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

madame u have been tagged.

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

lolol@ondlow, i guess...

oya update!!!!

AuraSoul! said...

Ok, update now!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

answer their cries...update....

rethots said...

...all that ends well.