Thursday, September 6, 2007

Broda SK

Really, I feel sorry for myself when I think about Ed. The what-might-have-beens and so on. So I decided to take another trip down the memory lane of childhood. I grew up with my siblings in a house filled with laughter and decrees. Pa had all kind of punishment dealt out in form of decree.
Decree No 1.................house arrest.
Decree No 2.................you are getting a spanking.
Decree No 3.................you get to sit down and raise both arms and legs up. It was the perfect painful punishment, if you ask me. Pa called it "Ijoko Idera"( comfortable seat).
Decree No 4..................go straight to bed, close your eyes and take a nap by force.
Everybody in the house preffered Decree No 4.
I grew up in that house not knowing that the oldest sibling I had was actually my cousin. My mom's elder sister's son. He had been living with my mum even before I was born. It took me a long time to know that we had different last names.
Broda SK, as we all called him was like ten years older than me. He made us laugh with his crazy antics and stories. We all loved him deeply. He took care of us and protected us. I could raise hell in the neighborhood just because I knew Broda Sk was gonna protect me.
One fateful day while we were all playing out in the yard, my elder sister yelled at me to take Decree No 4. I cant even remember what I did anymore. She threatened to tell Pa what I did and at the same time beat the living daylights out of me if I didnt go take a nap. It was around 6pm and the twins were already hanging around, waiting for me so we could go beat up omo Iya Fayemiwo. The boy was spoiled and we had planned to teach him a lesson that evening. He was the last born of that Mama and he refused to play with us.
I flounced into the house, totally mad. I itched to get my hands on that proud boy. I fumed as I stalked towards my parents' bedroom. They were both out and it had been a perfect opportunity to reaarange the face of the last born of the Fayemiwos. They lived just two houses
away. I didnt wanna take a nap inside the girls' room. I guess I just felt more comfortable on my parents' bed.
The door was slightly ajar, so I just pushed it open and stepped inside. Right there on the carpet was Broda Sk.I froze. He was locked in a passionate embrace.......what am I saying? He was on top of our housemaid Aunty Kehinde, banging away. I watched as he jerked up and down. I realized they were both talking.
Broda Sk..........se o ri wipe o dun gan? ( do you now believe that you could enjoy it)
Aunty Kehinde..........haa Sk, o dun sugbon o si n dun mi o( it feels good but am still in pain)
Broda Sk...........ma worry, o ma lo.( dont worry, the pain is gonna go away)
Aunty Kehinde..........sha ya ra o to ri awon mummy ko ni pe de ( pls hurry up cos Madame will be back soon)
I was like a robot with dead batteries. I couldnt move. Aunty kehinde sighted me and screamed. I fled the scene. See race o. I bolted out of the front door as if the devil was after me, actually Broda Sk was after me. I could hear him in hot pursuit. My sister yelled my name as I ran past her. I ignored her, not caring if she was gonna tell on me or not. At that point I was running for my life. I ran to Ola's house and stood on the staircase with my heart pumping as if I did a thousand miles. I needed protection, period!
Broda Sk stopped at the bottom of the staircase and demanded for me to come down. I refused. I was gonna stand there until Pa got home.My sister was asking Broda Sk what I did wrong this time but he couldnt come up with anything. After about ten minutes of cajoling, that didnt work, he went back to the house but came back in a jiffy with his arm full of my school uniform. I squinted at him, he was sure going crazy. He pleaded with me to come get my uniform and I asked him if he had ever brought my uniform to me after ironing. I was five years old but I was not stupid.He promised not to spank me and I promised not to say a word about what I saw.
A promise I kept until Aunty Kehinde suddenly sprouted a big stomach and Basira came from Togo to replace her. I will gist you in next post.

3 comments:

temmy tayo said...

IS Broda Sk the same one i am thinking. This babe u no go kill me o. I am meant to be reading for my test!

yayi said...

Another Broda SK ia a counterfeit. The one and the same. People are full of suprises abi? Na so o. Thank God we reached a truce, he would have slapped me silly that day. That was my first ''blue movie".

Anonymous said...

OMG! you keep delivering post after post. this one had me in stitches...laughing my arse off! hahaha!!

so did anyone ever find out that he was Kehinde's baby's daddy? Does Bro SK claim the child?
all this at five... lololol

you have such great memories... wish my memory was as good :-/