Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Stolen Kisses

And so, it started. A friendship I will always cherish. Ed turned out to be a cool guy and believe me, he was a youth corper but was fondly reffered to as a corp member by his friends. Though Ed was just in his mid twenties he had the disposition of a guy ten years older. He was matured and he was as cute as a huge teddy bear. We hit it off right away though I fought the attraction tooth and nail. I was adamant about not getting romantically involved in camp and to cap it, I was on the verge of entering into a serious relationship with another guy.
One cool evening after hours of climbing trees like monkeys with the soldiers yelling at us like chimpazzes, Ed pulled me aside and demanded to know what was troubling me so hard. I had been going around camp with a long face. I told him that Ade was coming for a short visit and he was gonna need an answer to his proposal. I didnt wanna say "yes'' , if anything I wanted to run in the opposite direction. Ed sat me down and we had a long talk. He ask me to give the guy a chance. I agreed. Only if I knew.........
Neways, that night was Orientation Night and Nigerian Brewries threw a big bash with a baaaad D.J. Marie and I chilled and watched the frolicking fellow corpers on the dance floor. There was a lot of booze and adrenaline flow. Everybody seemed to be having a good time except us. I asked Marie if she wanted to dance and she said No. I threw caution to the winds and stepped on the floor. I started dancing my heart out, then I came to a perfect standstill, right there across the floor was Ed, staring at me with the gentlest of emotions. Right there and then, I fell hard. Real deeply in love with the corper in spectacles. I knew I was rooting for trouble. He winked at me and joined me, then we started dancing. Most of the dancing corpers stopped and watched us as our steps matched and our bodies moved as one to the rhythm of love. We were in a world of our own.
After the party, we decided to walk off the booze and suya. Ed stopped right there in the middle of the traning field, pulled me into his arms and kissed me. He kissed me with all the pent up emotions inside of him and I kissed him back with the same intensity. I never wanted him to let go. I had never been kissed like that before. It felt so perfect and mind blowing. He explored my mouth deeply, straning to posses me. I molded my body to his not caring about the corpers walking past us. It was a kiss made in heaven. We were rudely interrupted by the angry yell of a soldier. He directed his flashlight to my face and Ed quickly shielded me and apologised to the soldier. We were told in sullen tones to go to our different rooms.
From that night, we became inseparable. Marie could not stop laughing at my constant bewildered look. I was glowing and I became the object of envy for many female corpers. They all wanted him but he had eyes only for this tiny princess. In the pearly dawn, I jogged beside him and woe betide any female who dared come near. I possesed my possesion. All what we could have were stolen kisses but we became the best of friends. I could tell him anything and vice versa. Corpers claimed we were lovers, some claimed we were siblings, why some could not fathom what he saw in a girl that looked like a cross between fulani and delta breed, others could not really understand what we saw in each other. We did not give a hoot, we just wanted to be with each other.
The night before camp was over, I cried because I did not even know how we were gonna be posted. I cried while he held me in his big arms. I did not want to spend the remaining eleven months of service faraway from him. I wanted to be with him always. The next morning dawned bleary and dull. I didnt want camp to end. Ed came looking for me and we wandered off to the traning field. He asked me to kneel down with him then he started praying. He thanked the Almighty for our meeting and prayed that His grace susutains our new found love and friendship. He prayed to God to develop our relationship into something beyond human comprehension. I cried when he finished. He kissed me tenderly, holding me close to his heart. I didnt know what to say because just the day before I had said "yes'' to Ade's proposal. I could not bring myself to tell Ed that he had called. I wish he had not encouraged me to give Ade a chance. At the initial stage, we never knew our feelings would grow to be that strong. I knew I had to do something about it but what, I had no idea.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

and then what happened?!!! you cant leave us hanging like that!

you're a play'a... two men at once... i like. lol.

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

awwww

temmy tayo said...

Playa incorporated!

Whats going on.

yayi said...

@belle........no be so o.lol
@ Omosewa......you feel me?
@ Temmy......Ed actually advised me to not knowing we were gonna fall in love. see me see trouble.

NaijaBloke said...

I second belle o, after then nko wetin happen?

Nice blog ..will be back

NaijaBloke said...

Sorry abt the video on my blog.. think i fixed it now.So u can go and check it again.