Saturday, September 22, 2007

Take A Guess

Hmmm. No childhood memories for this girl today. I knew I was in a lot of trouble the moment I thought it was Ade snoring beside me not Mr Boyfriend. Not that Ade used to snore like a freight train, his was more like a deep deep breathing. A result of working so hard in his firm. I raised my head from the pillow and it was Ade's face I saw then I blinked twice and Mr Boyfriend came into focus. I just knew I couldnt go along with the wedding.
I broke up with Ade around August, last year though not willingly. It really hurt and it still does. Ours was a relationship that transcended beyond love, he was my confidant, my friend and most of all my big brother. I took him for granted a lot because I felt he couldnt get mad at me. Ade was the most confident man I ever came across. He was so intelligent, sometimes I feared it would get him into trouble. He was handsome and suave, very soft spoken and most of all conservative. He was a determined young man with a touch of the Midas' Luck. Everything he touched turned to gold including Yayi. I blossomed under his tender touch. He nurtured me and encouraged me, supporting me through tough times.
Ade was much older than me and I think this created a barrier we couldnt break. He found my stories amusing but he indulged me anyway by listening to me quietly, sometimes without making a sound. This was so frustrating to me. He was the kind of guy who did not believe in whispering sweet nothings into a woman's ears. He believed in saying the truth which he did a lot with me wanting to bite him. He was so blunt he annoyed the hell out of me sometimes. He had so many nice qualities and to top it he could cook like a dream but I got greedy and wanted more. I wanted him to behave like a guy in my age group and at the same time retain those nice qualities. I started getting frustrated and we had bitter arguments.
One day, I looked at him and told him to take a hike. We had been dating for four years. It really hurt but I had made up my mind. I met Mr Boyfriend six months after I broke up with Ade. I knew Mr Boyfriend from high school so I felt safe. I didnt have to fall in love and go crazy over him. I knew him way back, he liked me, he proposed and I said YES. I knew it was wrong but I wanted to forget Ade. My wrongest move. Believe me, I tried so hard to love him but it was so hard because his holier-than-thou attitude made it more difficult for me. He complained about everything Yayi, except my face (pretty face, i guess), he insulted my creativity and made me feel he was doing me a favour by marrying me. He actually compared me to his girlfriend, boobwise!! I knew I had to get out of it but how? I had no idea. I started praying to God to help me out.I needed a miracle exit.
God created a way and I gave him back the rings.I am free and the beautiful wedding dress is still hanging in my closet. I pushed it far into a corner where I dont have to see it each time I open my closet.Gradually, Mr Boyfriend faded into a distant memory. Guess who called today!!

7 comments:

Refinedone said...

I truly hope it was Ade....girl he sounds like a good man...one that cares, loves and will build you up.

dont mess it up this time.
BS(BIG SISTER) WILL BE WATCHING... :)

www.refinedone.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

dang! i'm guessing ex fiance called? hiss at him trying to break you down, instead of building you up.
crossing my fingers hoping it was Ade who called...

so whatever became of Ade? hopefully its not too late to reconcile?

update!

yayi said...

@ Refined One.....pls watch my back. I need that seriously.lol
@Belle......Mr Boyfriend tried to break my spirit but I recovered and fought back with a fierceness that shook him up and which also left him with a wide opened mouth. HISS at him again.

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

I guess Ade called? Hopefully. 'Cause Mr Boyfriend committed a cardinal offense by comparing you to someone else, and boobwise too, how ridiculous is that, hissssssssssssssssssssss!! He blind before asking u out?:rolleyes:

Hehehe, have a nice week ahead babe.

Moments said...

Hi Sweetie :-). It was really nice reading from you today. Been womdering whatever happened to you???????? actually thot you went to get married for REAL.... well I still hope so, it'll be goodnews :-)

I'll be back to read more from your new blog, BTW, why did you start a new blog?? I went back a few times to the old one and kept wondering whatever happened to you. Anyway, catch you soon... Take care of you and thanks for stopping by and also encouraging me.

temmy tayo said...

You are better off, you know what i mean.
I love you.

rethots said...

What was the 411 of his call?